Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Survey about asexuality, gray-asexuality, and demisexuality

As many readers know, I am a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Illinois-Urbana Champaign.  My dissertation is about online asexual discourse, with particular interest in its development over time.  I ran one survey last January, and I am now conducting a survey on asexuality-related concepts and terminology.

To participate, you must be at least 18 years of age or older, be proficient in English, and identify as asexual, gray-A, or demisexual.  The  survey has a number of language-related questions, and it is asked that you do not look things up while taking the survey.

Click here to participate.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I looked through your survey and really liked it, and I look forward to filling it out. However, I noticed that there are a fair number of typos in it, which was surprising given its use for doctoral level work, and I worry that some respondents might find them confusing. I would recommend giving it another look for typos.

Isaac said...

I would like to help, but I think I'm not proficient enough in English.

ACH said...

By "proficient in English", I simply mean that people's English ability should be good enough to a) participate in online asexual communities (or at least effectively lurk), and b) are able to understand the questions in the survey and able to do the short answer items.

@Anon, I'm aware of my propensity towards typos, so this time I took extra precautions in terms of editing, but it seems that I had a problem with having multiple versions of the survey on my computer.